Water storage tanks are among the most durable and tough storage options for your home or business. They are made of high-strength steel that can withstand pressures of up to 50 mph, and they use Australian structural steel, which reduces the possibility of cracks caused by outside forces.
Water tank liners, despite their high durability and strength, require proper maintenance to avoid damage and extend their lifespan. This will provide homeowners and businesses with a low-cost way to store water or other liquids. They can even use it as a wine cellar underground.
So, how do you maintain your water tanks?
Maintenance of Underground Water Storage Tank Liners
Water tank liners maintenance provide homes and businesses with year-round access to water. And, given recent water scarcity and consumption restrictions in Australia, having your water source has become a necessity rather than a luxury.
Water tank liners, fortunately, proved to be an investment worth your money, time, and effort when properly cared for and maintained.
Here are some tips for keeping your water storage tank liners in good condition and avoiding costly repairs and early replacement:
- – Observe a significant drop in water pressure, the presence of rust in the water, increased water consumption, and a 10% water loss. These are some symptoms of a leak in your water tank liners that should be investigated and repaired.
- – If a natural disaster, such as an earthquake, occurs, it is best to inspect your storage tank liners for structural damage and cracks.
- -If cracks are discovered, the best solution is to address them as soon as possible. Structural damage is an emergency that must be addressed immediately. If not addressed, it can cause your tank liners to collapse, putting you and others at risk.
- – Leaks must also be repaired as soon as possible because they can cause contamination and endanger your health.
- – At least once a year, perform a routine check on the backflow prevention valves.
- – Regular cleaning, inspection, and disinfection are required to keep the tank’s water safe.
A good water storage tank starts with the right materials and the right installation. Without high-quality tank liners or improper installation, you can expect damage to occur early on. Finally, your investment efforts will be for naught.
As a result, it’s critical to keep your storage tanks in good working order. However, if any damage is discovered, immediate repair is the best solution. Alternatively, perhaps it is time to replace your water storage tank.
When to Replace Water Storage Tanks
Proper water storage tank maintenance results in optimal performance and a longer lifespan. Even if you make every effort to maintain your storage tank, it is still vulnerable to certain factors, such as natural disasters. And before you know it, there are damages and repairs to be made.
Unfortunately, some things are beyond the scope of maintenance and repair. The only thing left to do for this is to replace your storage tank.
Here are some signs that your tank needs replacement:
- – Your water storage tank is nearing the end of its useful life. Water tanks are designed to last for years, with some lasting up to 30 years. And with proper maintenance, you can extend the lifespan of your water tank and enjoy more time with it. Check for signs of wear and tear if your tank is approaching retirement age. If they are visible, the tank should be replaced.
- – Your water tank is showing signs of corrosion. When you find rust in the water, there’s a good chance corrosion is taking place inside. And it could be the result of a leak in the concrete wall, where steel began to react with the water. Unfortunately, corrosion and rust can be harmful to people and cause health problems. As a result, replacement is the best option.
– Even if certain factors necessitate replacement, rest assured that water tanks in Australia have the durability to last for 30 years. So, with proper care and use, you will undoubtedly enjoy it for the rest of its lifespan.
– Fortunately, maintaining water storage tank liners is much easier than you might think. You only need to have it checked and monitored regularly to reap the full benefits of your investment. And you only have to do it once a year, at most.
We offer tried and tested services in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Dalby, Darwin, and Geelong.
Our friendly and experienced customer service team is here to help you!
Call Raven Tanks at 1800 907 834
Or email at [email protected]